Camp Moran Facility
Camp Moran was an Environmental Learning Center on Orcas Island. It was originally established as a youth camp in the 1950s for student outdoor educational activities. It is no longer used for student programs and is now a Washington State Park Retreat Center available for rent by any Washington State resident.
- Rustic lodge with wood burning stove, seats up to 148
- Large commercial kitchen
- Main Camp
- One cabin, with attached restroom and shower can sleep 4
- Three duplexes, sleep 28 persons each, with attached restrooms and showers
- Upper Camp
- Four cabins, sleep 12 persons each
- Two A-frame cabins, sleep 6 persons each
- Restrooms and Showers in separate building
- Outdoor amphitheater with fire circle
- Covered outdoor shelter
- Private dock and swimming area on Cascade Lake, canoes
In addition to the cabins at Camp Moran, we have been allowed a limited number of tenters in designated areas. We have used that so fewer campers need to stay in cabins and be in upper bunks.